Held annually since 2000, the Teaching Academy Summer Institute (TASI) is a 4-day immersive workshop for campus educators to design, redesign, or update a course/program. In structured sessions, TASI facilitators will help you build on your prior experiences, learn from successes and failures, and integrate evidence-based methods to enhance student learning. At TASI, participants will explore foundations of course design that emphasize learner-centered instruction and equity-minded practices and apply those foundations to (re)design a course.
This year’s TASI will be held June 3-6, from 8:30am-4:30pm. Apply by May 10.
2019 Learning Objectives
- Recognize how students learn and make meaning.
- Define and articulate why learner-centered practices matter.
- Consider institutional factors that can impact course design (e.g., classroom space, schedule, enrollment, etc.).
- Explore a variety of instructional approaches and identify those that support students’ learning in your course.
- Determine how to promote equity, access, and student success in your course design.
- Apply evidence-based practices in course design.