Wisconsin Honors Overview
Wisconsin Honors offers students an array of high-impact learning experiences. Students design their own honors experience – from challenging courses and hands-on activities to faculty mentorship and research opportunities. Wisconsin Honors takes students from experiential learning to deeper understanding and scholarly achievement.
Wisconsin Honors Outcomes
The following statements define expected outcomes for students who engage in and achieve honors through Wisconsin Honors. The outcomes are characteristic of the Wisconsin Honors experience relative to the non-honors experience, and provide an opportunity to earn a credential for achievement of honors.
Students completing Wisconsin Honors will:
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and intellectual curiosity through engagement in challenging academic experiences.
- Establish a network of faculty mentors, instructors, and advisors to support academic and professional growth related to research and advanced practice.
- Participate in a supportive community of academically engaged peers.
- Demonstrate advanced content knowledge and skills as reflected in an honors thesis, publication, performance, or other scholarly work.
- Be able to articulate the value of their honors experience to peers and to a broader community.